Real Deal Mattress Yelp
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone wanting to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Real Deal Mattress Yelp
This is even more true if you experience neck or back pain: choosing the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling great or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research each of these before making your decision. Luckily, we have given you the 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of this report.
- speak with your doctor. If you’ve got a health condition, talk to your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress specialists, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is no medical organization that formally certifies mattresses to take these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no medical team has verified this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or let the salesperson hurry you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses aren’t always better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress as opposed to a firm mattress. There is a gap between firm support and firm texture. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be dependent on your personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everybody . Very light-weight people do not need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you are more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, try an adjustable bed. They let you elevate your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower spine. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what is called a comfort guarantee. Request it before you purchase, and be sure you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it has a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress in a given time frame, etc..
- Check the guarantee . A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try a firm, a plush, and a pillow top at the identical brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople at a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to locate a store that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Real Deal Mattress Yelp
Puffy offers two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is one firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux one firmness, three layer memory foam mattress that stands 12″ tall and has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses discovered that movement transfer and adapting were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great solution for lighter and average weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent motion isolation
- Lifetime guarantee with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program which donates mattresses to children in need
- Weak edge support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress with better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be tricked into believing the Nectar mattress isn’t of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the base of the cover plus a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar contours well, but doesn’t have the same hug often related to memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam as well as the lack of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, which makes it a durable choice.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an affordable bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress in a much cheaper price than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and cheap lifetime guarantee
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historic problems with customer service
As a hybrid , the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the right materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that gives good airflow, to the gel memory foam in the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm texture, there is no hug or significant contouring to the bed. If you’re looking to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support core keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a relatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with minimal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort preference.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it’s worth the time to research it and get the very best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.